South Milton is a small Devon village of about 400 inhabitants and we can be found three miles west of Kingsbridge in the South Hams area of South Devon.

Coming Events

There has been a village here for at least the last one thousand years: We have a mention in the Domesday Book where the settlement is called Middleton, and an ancient local farm is called 'Collicot', a Saxon word meaning 'holding by the stream'.

The parish covers 1556 acres, stretches from just east of the village to the sea at South Milton Sands, and includes the hamlets of Upton and Sutton, at least seven working farms, a Site of Special Scientific Interest and a very early, possibly Saxon, font in the Church.  We may be small but there is a lot going on!

The aim of this website is to provide information for residents and visitors alike: from where you can stay for a holiday, to who delivers newspapers, to how to book the village hall.